Bilal is an extroverted, customer-focused leader with over 11 years of project management, continuous improvement and organizational change experience, preceded by several years of IT engagements. He is passionate about building high performance teams with a commitment to operational excellence and customer experience.
Bilal brings a unique mix of consulting, coaching and leadership experience to organizations, with exposure to both public and private sectors. As a transformation expert and coach, he has successfully led major change initiatives in telecommunication, insurance and finance industries. As a practitioner, he has a proven success record in managing global projects with budgets of over $10M, in addition to delivering millions of dollars in operational savings. He has delivered over 50 projects, and helped several organizations establish project management and continuous improvement practices. Bilal is often called upon to facilitate negotiations and group workshops involving senior leaders.
Bilal has experience implementing a broad array of management methodologies including Lean Six Sigma, Prosci Change Management (ADKAR), PMBOK, Lean Kanban and Agile among others. However, he has a track record of delivering results regardless of tools, methodologies and organizational constraints due to his focus on people and outcomes.
On his journey towards project and process excellence, Bilal has become particularly passionate about people change management as means of realizing benefits and retaining top organizational talent. In collaboration with SysComp International (Pvt.) Ltd, Bilal established LeanSense Solutions Inc. in 2013 with the goal of advocating integrated project, process and change management to be able to deliver sustainable results. He continues to pursue his passion through this venture.
Bilal graduated with a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the Schulich School of Business, York University, and a Bachelor of Engineering and Management (B. Eng&Mgmt) from McMaster University. He also holds several professional certifications.
- Led TELUS process improvement function (35 team members), and defined strategy, vision and targets for 2017; supported delivery of 2016 annual cost savings target of $12.5M
- Led TELUS process excellence team (11 analysts and project managers); consistently exceeded annual performance targets, and delivered over $5M in annualized savings while maintaining 100% team engagement
- Drove adoption of Lean and Agile practices across 150+ employees at Interac and worked with executives to foster a change-friendly environment, resulting in improved collaboration and transparency
- Deployed Lean-Agile project delivery model at WSIB and provided hands-on coaching to over 25 project managers and business analysts, resulting in consistent software delivery and increased customer satisfaction
- Delivered improvement programs using Lean Six Sigma, Kanban, Rummler-Brache, Kaizen and Agile methodologies in various organizations that led to annual cost savings of over $15M
- Completed over 50 projects, including the largest BlackBerry enterprise beta program with 2000+ global participants that delivered major usability and functionality enhancements
- Established project management processes (for Agile and Waterfall implementations) across 200 employees of the Software Quality group at BlackBerry that led to the acquisition of CMMI Level 2
- Involvement in IT as an entrepreneur, system and network admin, and technical trainer since 1998